What do I have to consider before booking any activity or excursion?
- All children under 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn for all activities - e.g. comfortable shoes
for walking over rocks, sand and mud.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn for all activities - please check the weather report for
heat, cold, rain or wind.
- Please ensure you have water, sunscreen and hats appropriate for the day.
- Advise the Education Officer of any special requirements prior to the session.
- Please bring your own torch for night-time excursions.
- There is a maximum group size of 25 people per activity.
Where do the activities take place?
Thanks to an unusual set of environmental and geological conditions the range
of marine life in the Bunurong Coast is diverse and unique. The area features
extensive reefs and an unusually rich array of marine plants including seaweeds
Within this area lies the Bunurong Marine National Park, stretching about 5 km
from Cape Paterson to Eagle's Nest Beach and 3 nautical miles out to sea.
You are reminded that activities involving the collection or
removal of any material, including animals, plants, shells, rocks, sand or
seaweed, is not permitted within the Bunurong Marine National Park.
Adjacent to the national park is the Bunurong Marine Park & Coastal Reserve,
which stretches along the coast for about 17 km from Coal Point to Wreck Creek
and 1 km out to sea from the high water mark.
What will the tides be?
Activities along the coast, including the Dinosaur Discovery and
Rockpool Rambles, must take place at low tide. Tide times are charted here for Inverloch
or can be
downloaded from Marine Science Australia
. (The times for Point Lonsdale are
close enough to Inverloch tide times.)